How can the White House's e-petition website and process be improved?

Provide a public trouble ticket system, support forum, or bug tracker for issues with the platform

We The People seems to have embraced a release early and often approach to web development. I think this is actually a great approach, but it needs to be done so openly, to help set expectations and to manage feedback about problems or needed features. This is particularly true since the President has already pledged to make this platform open source for others to use. A public bug tracker is part of the backbone of an open source project and it should be for this service as well.

I shouldn't conflate the idea of a support forum and a software bug tracker though. I think there should be a public ticketing system that is specific to this implementation of the software and separately there should be a public bug tracker for development of the main software codebase.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Philip AshlockPhilip Ashlock shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Nice sharing. A trouble ticket management software is a software that organizes and tracks down trouble tickets filed by customers or employees of a company. This software also manages the information and distributes it to the departments concerned that could troubleshoot the error. The trouble ticket management software of today uses emails and tickets as its media and connects with customers for customer database building.

• JaccyJaccy commented  · 

Have a look at iKode Helpdesk x, a powerful help desk software with a trouble ticket system

Feedback and Knowledge Base